Saturday, May 2, 2009

John's Wildwoods Pizza - Strange name but damn good wings





Mathias: After several comments about John's Wildwood Pizza we finally made it out to Edinboro. We would have like to go sooner but Constance had some.....situations in that neck of the woods some time ago and we were just waiting for the dust to settle. I believe the statute of limitations has expired so we were free to hit the Boro.

CONSTANCE: We forgot the digital camera, so these are from the Blackberry. I LOVE JOHN WILDWOOD'S. We had a picnic along Lakeside Drive and went fishing. Good thing we didn't plan on a fish fry, right Mathias?

8 outta 8 slice review!!

Mathias: I can understand the loyalty to the college pizza joint. Back in the Arizona Territory, we had a place called Long Island Pizza that would deliver -FREE- a large one item for $4.00!!!! Of course, that was the early 80's (I ran so far away.........). To that end, I thought the crust was somewhat tough, like softened leather. The toppings and all were fine but the pizza was a bit chewy. Funny thing-the warmed up leftovers tasted better and weren't as tough. Go figure, or as we say in the Amish Community, Go Figure while you're raising that barn. So I'm giving the pizza 5 out of 8 slices.

The wings, on the other hand, were incredible!! They were the biggest so far and the honey mustard coating was thick and tangy. I had honey mustard wings at a sports bar back in the Arizona Territory some years back and they tasted like little chunks of pure sugar, (my teeth hurt after eating them) so I was a little leery. So, being Amish, I shunned them from that day forward. Here, it was a different story-tasty, tangy and just sloppy enough for me not to care about wiping my hands on my Amish Brand Dungarees. Gotta give the wings 7.5 out of 8.

On a side note, we went fishing at Edinboro Lake after our pizza and wings and for being one close to nature, I am the world's worst fisherman. I haven't caught a fish in the last 3 outings so it's a good thing we're not dependent on my skills to put food on the table.

The 411 (since the coupon was cut out of the phone book - oops!):
734-7355
johnwildwoodpizza.com

They're celebrating 30 years and have a pretty sweet Web site. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment