Saturday, August 22, 2009

Mister Pizza = Mr. Yuck ...



CONSTANCE: We just didn't like Mister Pizza. I know, my mother always said if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. I wrestled with how to write this weekly blog, and I guess I feel best about being honest.

No coupons to be had anywhere. No menu in the phone book or online. Mathias went in person to order and wait for the pizza. Primitive. My eye exam had my pupils dilated and looking like a possessed person outta "True Blood". Since I didn't go with, this is hearsay, but Mathias said the people were just not friendly or nice. The lady also called him "buddy", kinda like Tommy Gavin's sponsoree in "Rescue Me" always calling him "Pally" earlier on this season. I'm sure she didn't mean anything by it, but it just added to the whole negative experience for Mathias and vicariously, me.

The pizza crust wasn't hand tossed. Mathias got half pineapple and half ham topping. The sauce tasted like it was something out of a can and we could have made a better pizza at home ourselves at a fraction of the cost. It was also sort of burnt. Unfortunately when I downloaded the photos, they accidentally got deleted so you'll have to trust me on this.

The wings were brown, and extra crispy which I like, but unfortunately, I'd describe the flavor as non-existent or "fryer". They upset my stomach last night too. Blah ...

We threw out the leftovers this a.m. and that's the first time this has happened.

Boy, what a whiny blog. So sorry, really wanted to like them ...

My review is a 1 outta 8 slices. We'll try them again - it may have been an off night for them; however, they're at the bottom of the to try again later list.

The 411:

Mister Pizza
312 W 31st St
Erie, PA 16508
814-456-0468

2 comments:

  1. FYI they are under new management...should give it another shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame it had gotten that bad, this was a great neighborhood shop, but once Bill and Sandy the original owners sold it the down hill ride started.

    ReplyDelete