Saturday, March 7, 2009

Lucky Man's Restaurant - How Apropos!





CONSTANCE: Some days you are the windshield and some days you are the bug. Well, yesterday, I was the windshield. Everything was great all day long. The highlights? I won a free pizza from the business card drawing at My Dad's Pizza - a large 1 item pizza ... it's a major award, can you say "Fragile!?" (Hope A Christmas Story fans will get my drift!) And on the ride home from work, I got every single green light. That never happens. I got a lot done at work too, and a challenging situation resolved itself in a way that was even better than I hoped for. And a whole weekend with Mathias and the critters without obligations - how lucky is that??

Earlier in the week, my friend and hair stylist guru Dawna (product placement inserted here to thank her for the great color and style ... she used Yo.Color on my hair, yep, hair coloring with yogurt - Studio Hue and Dawna rock!!) had suggested Lucky Man's Restaurant as our weekly blog spot. She loves the butter and garlic wings or mild. I got intrigued with PJ's flavor. Can't get that one just anywhere. So Mathias asked about it when placing our order with Mr. Lucky Man, and it was all my favorite things combo-ed into one convenient flavor. Cajun, Buffalo, Ranch ... kinda on the sweet side. And wet. My choice was an easy one.

Mathias got to pick the pizza topping this week. Guess what he picked? Guess? Sliced tomatoes! Really! I never thought about the tomato as a pizza topping, and it worked really well. For our Saturday a.m. leftovers, he always heats up the slices while I love em cold. Not today, the tomatoes heated up to him sounded creepy, so he devoured the cold slices with me! There were no wings left over - that says something! Something good!!

Mathias said that Lucky Man's is his favorite yet. You can see the problem we're getting ourselves into. Each week is the best until next week.

There was a fantastic coupon online and with tax, $19.03 for a large one topping (hand tossed dough) and 25 wings. Mr. Lucky Man was so nice too. He gave us back a whole dollar in change from our $20 and he said we could save the coupon and use it again.

The 411:

Lucky Man's Restaurant
3651 West 12th Street
464.9194
LuckyMansPizzeria.com

My rating? I'd say an 8 out of 8 ... an overall great experience to wrap up my lucky day. On time, nice people, to die for crust and the best wing sauce I think I've ever had. And remember, I'm from Sharon, home of original Quaker Steak & Lube!

I think that we're going to try Alfee's next Friday. Got a menu and coupon on the front porch yesterday. And a blog reader suggested Sport's Page. Plus Carini's in Waterford and Eli's ... we have a lot in the cue and are excited to discover some new favorites, but then again, we have 10 months to go! Thanks for reading and here's hoping you have a windshield kind of day!

3 comments:

  1. Lucky Man's hands down...has the best garlic and butter wings in the world. And believe me when I say this; I've eaten more wings than is healthy for any living being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guys No Pizza Wings Friday? Didya have the flu too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are catching up this week ... something cool happened! We actually got Alfee's on Friday night and it was really REALLY great! And then last night, I won a free pizza from My Dad's Pizza and a random drawing and we tried a meatball pizza. I hope you're feeling better!!!!!

    ReplyDelete