Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Dad's Pizza & Deli - Check out their Tuesday Special and The Bachelor!






Constance: What a mixed up week! Pizza and wing blogging night got advanced to Tuesday because of My Dad's Pizza & Deli has a killer Tuesday Special. A Regular Large Cheese & 1 Item Pizza for $5.99 - can't beat that! They do offer fresh dough pizza but we were happy with the special. And Matthias surprised me with jalepeno's - my favorite - he's the best!! And for the wings I picked Bayou BBQ. Not to spoil Matthias' review, but he said the wings were his favorite yet this year of all the places we've tried!!

We didn't have a menu in advance so we stopped and grabbed one and then did our weekly Wal-Mart errand while our pizza and wings were cooking. My Dad's Pizza & Deli does advertise in Val-Pak with regular coupons so for readers lucky enough to live in surrounding zip codes, check for it! Worth mentioning that you DO NOT need a coupon for the Tuesday people, perfect for those like us from a different zip code.

The pizza was really tasty and can't beat the special. Crispy crust. Lots of cheese and the sauce was a perfect blend of sweet-n-spicy. And the wings were just saucy enough to be finger-licking good. We watched The Bachelor DVRed while we "dined" ... a perfect ending to a challenging work day. I was sorry to see Jill go - she was one of my favorites! Matthias doesn't really "watch" just for the record so you know?!


(Note: Photo Credit popculturemadness.blogspot.com)

We also got to see Seinfeld on Thursday night. A late night for a school night :-) And my friend Dan and his wife ended up right in front of us. We were telling them about the 2009 EriePizzaandWings blog we're doing this year. They thought it was a good idea and liked the concept because of the new places we're tried and blogged about.

What does this week hold? Not sure yet. But My Dad's Pizza & Deli was a good week and I'd give a 6 out of 8 slice review.

The 411:
My Dad's Pizza & Deli
4555 Buffalo Road
899-7811

Oh, in case you wonder what we did Friday night? We made homemade calzones - two versions with Buffalo sausage and feta cheese and basil sausage. They were really good - maybe 2010 will be the year of the calzone blog?

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cool flyer you made. If you ever need any additional graphics, let me know! Just leave me a comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog makes me so depressingly hungry for my two favorite foods in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My diet is never going to work! Wow, valerios pizza looks amazing. Like your blog very mcuh. Coming over from WillowManor. Visit mine if you like

    ReplyDelete