Saturday, October 17, 2009

TKO at Ringside Restaurant ...





CONSTANCE:

Round 1: Started at 4 p.m. on a Friday with a quick FaceBook post asking for Erie Pizza and Wing suggestions for our blog. Lots of great suggestions, and a few we haven't tried yet. We settled on Ringside Restaurant, closest to home on a Friday night that wrapped up a looooong week.

Round 2: No coupons, so the crafty Mathias (M: I was just hungry, not crafty, but thanks for the thought, Constance- my Amish babe!)called and asked if they had any za and wing specials. They did - 30 wings with a large one item pizza for $18.98 with a 2-liter Coke product (M: I'm more of a diet Buttermilk man of god myself-what with being Amish and all). That sealed the deal.

Round 3: Sausage selected for topping and Hot Parmesan cheese wings. The crust is hand tossed too.

Round 4: Hated to put on shoes, but it was so cold and snowy (M: You should have heard her-I didn't know Amish women knew such curse words). So I put them on but didn't tie them ... a nice compromise I thought! We walked in the restaurant, and the hostess informed me my shoes were untied. How polite is that? Our order was ready when promised. 45 minutes on a Friday night wasn't unreasonable.

Round 5: Got home and the pizza looked delicious - clumps of sausage. Crispy hand-tossed crust, my favorite. The wings looked wonderful too, although the cheese smelled like stinky feet or kitty litter when I first opened the package. Mathias didn't agree ... but I know what I smelled! (M: did you check you shoes? Maybe you stepped in something; after all, we took the horse and buggy to the restaurant).

Round 6: The taste - delicious! The sauce was tart and unique. Crust - da bomb! (M: Constance, you're so Ghetto-Amish). And sausage was clumpy and very generous. The wings didn't taste like they smelled either. Crispy. Lots of meat. Hot and spicy but not overkill. Very tasty and a great experience. They gave us a coupon sheet from ValPak (don't know how we missed it ourselves, but they honored the coupon price for us) ... no doubt we'll be back.

Best $20 ever spent and a 7 outta 8 slice rating.

Round 7: Za leftovers for breakfast and wings for lunch.

Round 8: Blogs can have as many rounds as the blogger wants, but just in case you're wondering how many rounds there are in a boxing match? According to Yahoo Answers: Championship bouts are twelve rounds, and non-championship bouts ten rounds. (M: I once took the the World Amish Heavyweight Champion Asa "The Not-so-Meek" Troyer 12 rounds. It got dark so we fought by candlelight and he snuck a patented "Barnburner" past me.

However, amateur bouts are usually four rounds, and the number of rounds is gradually increased after a fighter turns pro. So a fighter may move from four rounds to six to eight to ten, and finally to twelve if he gets a title shot. Now we know - TKO!

The 411:
Lou Bizzarro's Ringside Restaurant
3202 Sterrettania Road
Phone: 833-8444

1 comment:

  1. I live vicariously through this blog.
    I am sooo happy to not live in Erie anymore but there is no better place for wings and pizza! So I salivate and read about all things wings and pizza and wish I could get some stat.

    I did find out that Pio's will ship Pepperoni Balls anywhere in the U.S. and that spelled trouble for my waistline but I threw caution to the wind. Yes I ordered them and Ooh, they are Great. Now if only I could get good pizza and wings down here in DC!!!!!

    ReplyDelete