Sunday, June 28, 2009

Curb my enthusiasm ... so good they're on speed-dial!




CONSTANCE:
I didn't believe we hadn't done a blog to Barbato's yet. They're one of my Erie favs. Have you ever tried their salad bar at lunch time? The wedding soup is to die for. But this isn't a soup blog, is it?

We had a coupon from the phone book to get a large 1-item pizza and 20 wings = $20.13 including tax. I picked the Cajun Ranch for the wings and Mathias selected ham for our pizza topping.

On a busy Friday night - yep we're back on our routine - we were told 10 minutes; that is unprecedented. But we had a little problem because someone has a new-found sitcom addiction - Curb Your Enthusiasm, the original HBO series. And we started watching while waiting for our pizza to be ready. It was the Christmas episode where Larry hooks up with the Black family after Cheryl leaves him.



They are all hilariously amusing and tie so many aspects of each episode together. We waited to finish before going to pick up our order. If you've ever watched the show, can you blame me? And I caution you if you haven't - there's 6 seasons on demand and on DVDs (hint: available free from the library!) ... you'll be having marathon sessions! Season seven starts this fall with the cast of Seinfeld appearing. Can't wait!

The pizza wasn't as fresh - but I blame myself for the delay in picking it up ... actually I blame Larry David! I dominated the wings this week - they were spot on with flavor and crispness. Thankfully Mathias and I have this magical way of balancing ourselves, and he adored the za.

I don't believe we had any leftovers. Or Mathias had a midnight snack? Hmmm ...

Barbato's is a favorite and one of Erie's hometown pizza and wing treasures. My rating this week is 7 outta 8.

Next week, thanks to a reader suggestion, Skippereno's is bumped to the top of the list! Retro ... love it!

The 411:
Barbato's Pizza and Pasta
1529 West 38th Street
Erie, PA
Phone: 814.868.1111

2 comments:

  1. make sure you get the large cheese and pep, but tell them you want the thick-cut spicy pep...

    you'll be in for a treat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool - thanks again Jim! What wings are your favorite? We'll blog as soon as we try, thanks again, Constance

    ReplyDelete